Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta Pulse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • szucs_g
    replied
    It's true! The 74HCxxx working 3-6v and the CD series 3-16v or 18v. I see it now, that the CD4538 working with +E and -E. So the 74HC a series does not endure it really. Fortune, how was not smoking till now. :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • szucs_g
    replied
    Good idea it, if something is we would create with a step-up converter a stable 13 or 14 volts and we would run it onto the instrument? There is booster that 3 V capable to 14 volts manufacture. Would DP work with this?
    Hi! Gábor

    Leave a comment:


  • szucs_g
    replied
    On right! Polyester are. :-)

    Thank You for Your help! I think I replace my dealer because he says it always, that this it is can be substituted. Though not too right. It ne556 15 nF were not good instead of a capacitor the 22 nF, but it given, because 15 nF were not on a depository. :-)
    Now from an Internet department store I ordered. As soon as I exchange it I write about the developments. Thanks.
    Gábor

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Dooley, I thought you were right but I had to look that up.

    I believe the MC14538 and CD14538 are alright to use because they have no minimum restriction on Cx and their restriction on Rx is high enough that they can still be used on the DP.
    I misspoke. Referring to MC14538 and CD14538 timing resistor Rx:

    "...although there is a restriction against using very low values of Rx, DP uses higher values of Rx so that it should not matter."

    I think that makes more sense.
    Last edited by porkluvr; 11-07-2011, 01:06 AM. Reason: clarification

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by DOOLEY View Post
    evening porkluver,
    poss also use a CD4098 , max 18V , recomended limit 16V , but still good.

    same function and pin config as a 4538 but not classed as precision like the 4538, apparantly , funny , they still work well.

    thought i'd chip in with another option.
    Dooley, I thought you were right but I had to look that up.

    According to the Intersil data sheet, CD4098 uses a different time delay formula (t=0.5RxCx, vs t=RxCx for CD4538 ). But, that means that we could double either the Rx or Cx value and then everything should be OK. (Double Cx and then use the same potentiometers as before.)

    There are several other '4538' devices out there (such as MC14538, CD14538, HEF4538, HCF4538.)

    These other devices have some minimum restriction on either the Rx or Cx value, or both. Some will work and some will not. For instance HCF4538 has a minimum Rx value of 4kΩ, with Cx minimum 5nF. (Ouch. I wish I knew that before I purchase 20 of them.) Don't try and use that here.
    HEF4538 has a minimum Cx value of 2nF and also should not be used.

    I believe the MC14538 and CD14538 are alright to use because they have no minimum restriction on Cx and their restriction on Rx is high enough that they can still be used on the DP.

    My information may be erroneous - I am not setting myself up to be an authoritative source, that is what manufacturer's data sheets are for. My point is, anybody wanting to substitute one of the other parts would be wise to peruse the applicable data sheet before doing so. Don't assume anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOOLEY
    replied
    evening porkluver,
    poss also use a CD4098 , max 18V , recomended limit 16V , but still good.

    same function and pin config as a 4538 but not classed as precision like the 4538, apparantly , funny , they still work well.

    thought i'd chip in with another option.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Your translator was somewhat garbled but I've seen worse. You cannot use 74HC4538 with power source greater than 6V, so must use CD4538 for DP.

    I had trouble understanding your other questions... no polymer capacitors are needed, maybe you meant polyester (Mylar). What alternative would you want? Polyester (Mylar) are a good choice (better than ceramic) and are inexpensive.

    Yes, use CD4066 but CD4016 maybe also work.

    Leave a comment:


  • szucs_g
    replied
    Today I make one probe. Started shrieking on a high pitch after starting the apparatus. Then nice and slow gave up this sound. I heard only a change of click. After a rough setting the metal-detector from 2 centimetres perceived something. He was rather strange. The clicking got stronger at the time of the removal of the metal object, calmed down at the time of an approach. The successor is my question.
    - The 4538 at me 74HCxxx. (74 HC 4538
    Dual retriggerable precision monostable multivibrator)
    This you're good let me exchange it flat CD4538-ra? (CD 4538
    Dual Precision Monostable Multivibrator)
    - I read, that the let CDxxx be 4066, right?
    - They are needed really the polymer capacitors?
    I do not have an oscilloscope unfortunately, but if my trouble is not resolved with the exchange of the components I buy one second-hand.
    Greeting happy DP for proprietors! :-)
    The translation on-line a translator prepared his help, if not lifelike do not chide me... :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • szucs_g
    replied
    Hello All!

    I'm new on this forum. I made the first DP by one sided PCB form. The test was fatal. T the first starting the DP cray like a canari and not detect any metal. Today I turn on and not make this effect but not detect.

    I have a coil with 400 uH.

    Please help me! (Sorry for my bad english! Hungarian perfect. :-) )

    Leave a comment:


  • Uykusuz
    replied
    For Dijital Delta Pulse click to this link:


    PIM-2 is digital version of Delta Pulse

    Leave a comment:


  • mollax
    replied
    Originally posted by poppy View Post
    Thank you mollax !!
    Any idea how this version of Delta Pulse differs from the newer one in post #1338 ?
    Are there much improvements ?
    these two are the same circuit
    There are other circuit manual tuning and lcd ports

    Leave a comment:


  • poppy
    replied
    Thank you mollax !!
    Any idea how this version of Delta Pulse differs from the newer one in post #1338 ?
    Are there much improvements ?
    Last edited by poppy; 09-25-2011, 12:16 PM. Reason: link change

    Leave a comment:


  • mollax
    replied
    such
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • poppy
    replied
    Dear friends,
    Please help me with connections of Delta Pulse. I soldered all components but confused where to connect Speaker, Coil etc. Should points labeled B be short circuited? A too?
    I have marked the points in the image
    Thank you !

    Leave a comment:


  • perzo
    replied
    grandbalance

    HI kt315 what is grandbalance in the metal detector pi and how do works?best regards

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X