Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    I have uploaded my latest revision of the TGSL_101 document here. I have always felt that it was lacking some material under the "induction balance concepts" section. Hopefully, it will help clarify some points to new builders and add some flow to the document.

    Also, several other members caught a few errors and they have been fixed as well.. in particular, what to expect while making nulling measurements.


    Thanks!
    Don

    Splendid job Don!
    Excellent!

    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Latest revision of the TGSl_101 document

    I have uploaded my latest revision of the TGSL_101 document here. I have always felt that it was lacking some material under the "induction balance concepts" section. Hopefully, it will help clarify some points to new builders and add some flow to the document.

    Also, several other members caught a few errors and they have been fixed as well.. in particular, what to expect while making nulling measurements.


    Thanks!
    Don
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • sekulitatea
    replied
    ok !
    thanks a lot
    I was confused
    once again thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    I tried several times last night to load both your image of the cable end and the TGSL schematic into GIMP and draw in the connections you asked about. However my skills in that department are lacking so I gave it up.

    Here are the connections you were asking about:

    The numbers referenced numbers on your picture correspond to the pin numbers of the coil connector that mounts on the detector. They are arbitrary and apply to only one type of connector, however the written information to the right of the numbers is not and does tell you were to make the connections.

    Pin 1: Gets routed through the connector to the PCB ground.
    Pin 2: Gets routed to J2 pin 2 of the RX connector on the schematic, which connects to the R13 side of C6. R13 connects to the - (inverted) input.
    Pin 3: Gets routed to J1-1 of the Tx connector on the schematic.
    Pin 4: Gets routed to the other connector of J2 on the schematic. This is connected to the R14 side of C6 which also connects to the + (Non-inverting) input.

    So to sum up all the pin numbers, it would look like this:

    Cable Pin No. Schematic pin no.
    1 PCB ground
    2 J2 pin 2
    3 J1 pin 1
    4 J2 pin 1

    A simple picture would have made this a lot more plain but I hope this helps answer you question.

    Jerry

    BTW: I made the assumption that you are talking about the TGSL. The above pertains to that.

    Leave a comment:


  • sekulitatea
    replied
    Can someone explain this to me?
    I do not understand!
    What does this mean?
    rx on pcb inverting and (non inverting)
    how do I get contacts?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    ITS a great design, got to be the most built IB detector on here, far as coil specs its all here just follow the threads.
    Allot of us contributed imformation on this one theres no stone unturned so to speak, it works, so just build it you wont be disapointed.

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • salih
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Why do you think it's called the Golden Sabre?
    I do not know Qiaozhi but I think all People in Geotech Interested in Disclosure of coins I mean the great big of metal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by salih View Post
    I ask whether this detector the ability to find gold nuggets
    Why do you think it's called the Golden Sabre?

    Leave a comment:


  • salih
    replied
    coil

    hello 2 all
    I ask whether this detector the ability to find gold nuggets. And what are the specifications of the appropriate file search coil
    Diameter
    Size the wire
    Number of turns
    Greetings

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by rami View Post
    i understand if you don't know what i need,i will explane more,what i need is what will happen if i matched 12v directly to pin14 4024 mistakenly,mean everything that have 8v become 12v,which one will be damaged? now they have 8v but somthing damaged,who can till me
    Jeez, dude. Quit panicking.

    I can't say for sure that +12V did not cause damage, but I think it's unlikely because I believe all the ICs and transistors on the board are well capable of looking at +12V on the + rail, not that it's a good idea.

    You might have a problem but you seem to be dead set on going on a witch hunt instead of looking at things reasonably.

    What is not working right? Did it work before your "big" mistake.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi RAMI
    This is called fatal mistake - and result in damage the joint to all the tracks,Your prospect's true
    First 1- Change 7808
    2- out 4 ICS from the PCB project -your problem you can not find the minus 5 volts - --Change TR7,TR8,C4,D6,D7,C5.--------
    -----After this-- You get -5V and then put them{4 ICS} one after one with the measurement -5V every time you put one in order to know if one of them is damaged.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • rami
    replied
    i understand if you don't know what i need,i will explane more,what i need is what will happen if i matched 12v directly to pin14 4024 mistakenly,mean everything that have 8v become 12v,which one will be damaged? now they have 8v but somthing damaged,who can till me

    Leave a comment:


  • rami
    replied
    guys i think this easy question for you,i just want to till me what i should to change, what happen is that 12v reach or touch pin14 4024 mistakenly,i quickly fixed it and now it have 8v, but a new problem emerged because 12v touched pin14,so what could be damaged,there's 6 things have 8v,1)4024 2)TR7 3) 4 ICs you know them.so what first i should to change it?

    Leave a comment:


  • rami
    replied
    thank you for replying,but i mean what happen if 12v reach to 4024 pin14 does this make it damage and damage other things,because when i fixed the short in pcb it's become 8v at pin14,but the problem still there,the problem i talking about its i don't have minus volt after this happen,i think something damaged when 12v touched pin14.so what is that?

    Leave a comment:


  • ashefr10
    replied
    HELLO RAMI ,
    I understand your problem too but if you talk about the power of the component knows to be 4024 supply + 8 volt terminal 14 and GND on pin 7, 12 volts is used for the transistor amplifier. and so if you have 12 volts at terminal 14 of 4024 is that you must have a problem with the controller 7808. verifies that you have to weld the right way. And checks that you do not short-circuit between your tracks.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X