Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by metaldetector107 View Post
    Dear Ivconic
    Warm greeting, actually I have a small problem and hope take it easy I have no other choice.
    The problem when sens about 1 or 2 the machine very calm but just make abit higher it chatter too much and 5cm long ferrit lower than 5cm gives you clear signal not just crack no matter adjusting GEB,, this is in Disc mode
    About all metal it will crack all the time.
    The detection depth 25, 26cm for 2.5cm coin

    Both coil shielded well and TX is 6mh RX 6.5mh exactly the resistance about 25 ohm the wire gauge 33SWG which mean 30AWG in American standard .
    I am using kitchen foil for shield. The cable is double shielded and correct wirement .
    I do apologize again but I need help.

    Kind regrads
    You will probably have difficulty rejecting a 5cm length of ferrite. Ideally you should use a small ferrite slug to set the ground balance. What happens if you take the detector outside and bob the coil up and down over a patch of soil without any targets?

    Leave a comment:


  • metaldetector107
    replied
    TGSL

    Dear Ivconic
    Warm greeting, actually I have a small problem and hope take it easy I have no other choice.
    The problem when sens about 1 or 2 the machine very calm but just make abit higher it chatter too much and 5cm long ferrit lower than 5cm gives you clear signal not just crack no matter adjusting GEB,, this is in Disc mode
    About all metal it will crack all the time.
    The detection depth 25, 26cm for 2.5cm coin

    Both coil shielded well and TX is 6mh RX 6.5mh exactly the resistance about 25 ohm the wire gauge 33SWG which mean 30AWG in American standard .
    I am using kitchen foil for shield. The cable is double shielded and correct wirement .
    I do apologize again but I need help.

    Kind regrads

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by salim View Post
    hi can i use tl082 instead tl072 and lf442 thanks for help
    Hi,
    you can. TL082 and TL072 are, also, about same stuff. Don't use instead TL062 , too noisy stuff, avoid.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • salim
    replied
    hi can i use tl082 instead tl072 and lf442 thanks for help

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by kuraja View Post
    I think if you can't have a nice coil then you could make a nice capacitor instead! Just fix it to the right freq. and It has to work damn it!
    That's what I keep thinking, but haven't proved it yet.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Thank you very much man. I hope finally I will solve problem with my TGSL. I will try what you say and will „smućkati“ something and hope, sun, will go to the field.
    Best regards and thank you yet again.
    Instead "sun" was should "soon". I still learn language.Sorry.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Originally posted by kuraja View Post
    I use USB cable!!! And can say for sure that it works for me. Cable must be somehow connected to the metal outer part of connector! Anything metal and not well grounded is a problem. For example if you are using metal housing, then ground it.
    I see why people complain, but seriously why complain about depth if you have faulty ground somewhere.
    TGSL is a nice unit! Stabile when the right coil is on. I personaly use a small coil of 20 cm diameter; pinpointing usage. Coins are detected in air for about 23-25 cm, but I should say that the most important thing here is DISCRIMINATION! It works superb! Not even a tik (or tok!) for steel nor iron, use headphones, can touch cable, connector cos they are grounded! All metal is good for pinpoint, current draw about 28mA, I use one LM308 and one TL081, made up a capactor at Rx of 18nf (12nf+6.8nf parallel), I think if you can't have a nice coil then you could make a nice capacitor instead! Just fix it to the right freq. and It has to work damn it! Use brain some electronic knowledge (some ), and don't be greedy, cos the stability is the goal not depth!!! Trust me!
    Take care!
    Thank you very much man. I hope finally I will solve problem with my TGSL. I will try what you say and will „smućkati“ something and hope, sun, will go to the field.
    Best regards and thank you yet again.

    Leave a comment:


  • kuraja
    replied
    I use USB cable!!! And can say for sure that it works for me. Cable must be somehow connected to the metal outer part of connector! Anything metal and not well grounded is a problem. For example if you are using metal housing, then ground it.
    I see why people complain, but seriously why complain about depth if you have faulty ground somewhere.
    TGSL is a nice unit! Stabile when the right coil is on. I personaly use a small coil of 20 cm diameter; pinpointing usage. Coins are detected in air for about 23-25 cm, but I should say that the most important thing here is DISCRIMINATION! It works superb! Not even a tik (or tok!) for steel nor iron, use headphones, can touch cable, connector cos they are grounded! All metal is good for pinpoint, current draw about 28mA, I use one LM308 and one TL081, made up a capactor at Rx of 18nf (12nf+6.8nf parallel), I think if you can't have a nice coil then you could make a nice capacitor instead! Just fix it to the right freq. and It has to work damn it! Use brain some electronic knowledge (some ), and don't be greedy, cos the stability is the goal not depth!!! Trust me!
    Take care!

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Hi Simon. Thank you very much for you interesting about my problem with TGSL. I hope, some of Guru’s today, here, will ready to help. I tried already different coils, shielding, cables and check ground connection from PCB to detector enclosure and always same thing - when I touch coil enclosure or shaft with finger, sensitivity of TGSL fall drastically! There is something wrong with GB section? I seen GB trimmer affect this? When GB under 50% all working normal but when set to reject ferrite (little up from 50%) machine loose sensitivity when touch coil enclosure or shaft with finger. How it should be work? I still don’t know how to null coil or there is problem with my TGSL? How adjusting of GB trimmer perform on TGSL? I wasn’t trying outdoor because coil wasn’t sealed with epoxy yet. I need to be 100% sure that all is right before seal coil with epoxy resign, because I have only this one coil enclosure.

    Best regards to all
    Hi Ivconic.
    Please help. What you think about this problem with my TGSL or maybe coil?
    Regards,

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Hi Simon. Thank you very much for you interesting about my problem with TGSL. I hope, some of Guru’s today, here, will ready to help. I tried already different coils, shielding, cables and check ground connection from PCB to detector enclosure and always same thing - when I touch coil enclosure or shaft with finger, sensitivity of TGSL fall drastically! There is something wrong with GB section? I seen GB trimmer affect this? When GB under 50% all working normal but when set to reject ferrite (little up from 50%) machine loose sensitivity when touch coil enclosure or shaft with finger. How it should be work? I still don’t know how to null coil or there is problem with my TGSL? How adjusting of GB trimmer perform on TGSL? I wasn’t trying outdoor because coil wasn’t sealed with epoxy yet. I need to be 100% sure that all is right before seal coil with epoxy resign, because I have only this one coil enclosure.

    Best regards to all

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Hi,
    Hmmm... sure the stripboard, perfboard, veroboard etc etc topic is not that good when talking about MDs...

    Many MDs simply will refuse to work if some e.g. critical sections will be made in naive ways over perfboard like stuff. It is a fact.

    I refer mostly to good ones ...with good but critic oscillators, good but noise suffering premps and front-ends, good but noise addicted digital paths... and MCU lines crossings.

    Many circuits can be made using that experimental boards... expecially not-critical stuff and low-frequency. I made a huge number of anything using perfboard approach.

    But I know limitations of them.

    Now... I have to say that, with proper care is possible even make things like goldscanIV with protoboards... I made it, and worked good.
    But, generally speaking, I will not suggest anyone build that mess...

    When frequency rise (can you do UHF or microwave stuff using that ?) or noise propagation is critical you MUST better avoid them.

    About TGS , as said, I think it's possible make it work on protoboards... but then... what if you have too much noise propagation ? What if you crossed too many long lines under/over board ? How do you solve that ?

    Not easy...

    But still have to say... that if you know what you're doing you can make a TGS/TGSL on protoboards and get it work as well as pcb made thing.

    The problem is that you must understand how to place components, how to wire things without creating e.g. ground loops, how to solder and clean the thing after in a reliable way, what kind of perfboard use for best result (they aren't all the same), etc

    It's tricky... it's not safe way... it's time consuming... it's odd (think e.g. you have to desolder stuff... it's a mess)... it's addicted to any kind of mistake like bad soldering joints and lot of flux to remove...

    In few words... you can also made a computer (many old stuff, academic things using e.g. Z80 were made on protoboards also!) using them... but it's not so smart idea.

    I think they shine when must make a simple schematic/circuit... have no pcb or cannot made/don't want make pcb for it... and are in a hurry.

    Otherwise... avoid them. Just my 5cents.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I have very good friend here at my place. He is tv&radio servicer for long time. He has service - workshop and long tradition of being the very best servicer arround. EE and real expert for tv repairs. We are very good friends and we do meet pretty often to chat and have a coffie or some drink. Usually i do help him about pc stuff and other things i know better and he helps me about things i do not know well, especially when i stuck with my tv's or simillar household electronics. I am electronician for long period too, but i focused my energy, knowledge and mind only on one pretty narrow part of electronics. So...beleive me or not i am pretty ignorant when some of my domestic tv sets is about to be fixed. So... usually, almost by the rule, first i try to fix it and of course i do make more damage at it...burn everything what can be burned and what is possible to burn and after than when i come to point of huge despair - than is time to call him to come and save what can be saved!
    Of course he is real magician - always able to fix any kind of problem (i made).
    So...after retreiving life to busted device, he always have habit to remind me on one big truth - "ignorance = huge courage" !!!
    So many times i have been heard that!!! So...i was and still am very "courage" man! Talking always from personal experience!
    Now i am passing it to you here....
    Gotta give the devil his due... no question who did the hard work, sweated the long hours, tried many different designs, took hammer to efforts, tried again, spent nights laying out PCB designs, redesigned for different enclosures, and documented information for lazy gnats to copy... ignorance = bravery, perserverence + pain = courage...

    Also must tribute to others who contributed knowledge, experience, schemas, pcbs, advice...

    Ok back to bashing...

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I have very good friend here at my place. He is tv&radio servicer for long time. He has service - workshop and long tradition of being the very best servicer arround. EE and real expert for tv repairs. We are very good friends and we do meet pretty often to chat and have a coffie or some drink. Usually i do help him about pc stuff and other things i know better and he helps me about things i do not know well, especially when i stuck with my tv's or simillar household electronics. I am electronician for long period too, but i focused my energy, knowledge and mind only on one pretty narrow part of electronics. So...beleive me or not i am pretty ignorant when some of my domestic tv sets is about to be fixed. So... usually, almost by the rule, first i try to fix it and of course i do make more damage at it...burn everything what can be burned and what is possible to burn and after than when i come to point of huge despair - than is time to call him to come and save what can be saved!
    Of course he is real magician - always able to fix any kind of problem (i made).
    So...after retreiving life to busted device, he always have habit to remind me on one big truth - "ignorance = huge courage" !!!
    So many times i have been heard that!!! So...i was and still am very "courage" man! Talking always from personal experience!
    Now i am passing it to you here....

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Fellas....!? Whatever you say, but for sure you can't be serious!? Metal detector on perfboard!??? Not some 3 components "metal detector" - but real metal detector like TGS!??? What are you saying? I can't take that as serious at all! Ok..your will, your choice, your time to be wasted. It is free world, do whatever you want. But than after....don't come here and complain why that "thing" is not working as expected. If we were serious and honest from a start (not all of us but just few people here) and if were honestly showed here how some of our handmades were made - than it would be pretty obvious why some of those do work good and some of those do not work at all.
    You just can not improvise that much and than to expect some success.
    No succes in improvisation - not at all.
    Some things must be done only on one way - proper way, or you will get no success at all.
    Those few constantly complaining members here (we know who those are) were made their handmades horribly bad and improvised. All those 150 pages here were for nothing. Those do not respect all what has been posted here - they simply ignore all that posted material - they "know better". That's why we have here "pleasure" to read often complains and bedlam of idiotic questions. So that was the only reason why i am so pissed off from time to time. I have feeling that all my posts here were for nothing. They dont read and do not obey, but at the same time they are very ready to repeat stupid and trivial questions again and again.
    So...if they knew better - why the hack than all those complains and questions?
    And...now perfboard!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha!
    Among dozen very good and tested pcb's...still there are people asking for perfboards!!! Hey..listen; perfboards!!!! Ahahahahahahahahah!
    Ok... i know this attitude of mine would not earn me some credits in your eyes.... but you must respect my honesty. I will not be hypocrite, never ....instead i will tell you straightly my real opinion. I have "sharp tongue" and sometimes my attitude can offend you. I am sorry cose of that. But i will always tell you the real truth. Truth is; md on perfboard is idiotic idea. Idiotic 100%! No....not 100% but 10 000% idiotic!
    Let God help you...cose i couldn't..
    Very Best Regards!
    It was worth it just to hear that! I would be disappointed if different!

    So far I can say.... you're right! But "fools walk in where angels fear to tread"...

    (If everyone's MD worked first time and identical... pretty boring place here...!)



    (for those who don't drink...)

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Fellas....!? Whatever you say, but for sure you can't be serious!? Metal detector on perfboard!??? Not some 3 components "metal detector" - but real metal detector like TGS!??? What are you saying? I can't take that as serious at all! Ok..your will, your choice, your time to be wasted. It is free world, do whatever you want. But than after....don't come here and complain why that "thing" is not working as expected. If we were serious and honest from a start (not all of us but just few people here) and if were honestly showed here how some of our handmades were made - than it would be pretty obvious why some of those do work good and some of those do not work at all.
    You just can not improvise that much and than to expect some success.
    No success in improvisation - not at all.
    Some things must be done only on one way - proper way, or you will get no success at all.
    Those few constantly complaining members here (we know who those are) were made their handmades horribly bad and improvised. All those 150 pages here were for nothing. Those do not respect all what has been posted here - they simply ignore all that posted material - they "know better". That's why we have here "pleasure" to read often complains and bedlam of idiotic questions. So that was the only reason why i am so pissed off from time to time. I have feeling that all my posts here were for nothing. They dont read and do not obey, but at the same time they are very ready to repeat stupid and trivial questions again and again.
    So...if they knew better - why the heck than all those complains and questions?
    And...now perfboard!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha!
    Among dozen very good and tested pcb's...still there are people asking for perfboards!!! Hey..listen; perfboards!!!! Ahahahahahahahahah!
    Ok... i know this attitude of mine would not earn me some credits in your eyes.... but you must respect my honesty. I will not be hypocrite, never ....instead i will tell you straightly my real opinion. I have "sharp tongue" and sometimes my attitude can offend you. I am sorry cose of that. But i will always tell you the real truth. Truth is; md on perfboard is idiotic idea. Idiotic 100%! No....not 100% but 10 000% idiotic!
    Let God help you...cose i couldn't..
    Very Best Regards!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X