Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    How are you?
    I took this iron piece with me at home and sometimes I cant detect it at all,but sometimes I cant discriminate it at all./i think that its part of horse shoe..............which I found that are inposible to be discriminated so far.................../
    When I were on field the sens were average,but at home I cant get more than 25cm!!!!
    So now when I test at home cant see am I achiving any progress.
    Whats the story with Ivconic?And can we help him anyway?
    For this hugh coil I am agree that there will be some ground efects,but my frend is digging coins!And I havent detect any................Only trash.......
    So you see why I am a little bit dissapointed I were shore that I will beat him when I finish TGS.
    I now that I have to make 2-3 devices,before can talk like this but.........
    But dont missunderstood my words.You can't miss to notice that TGS have excelent behaviour/profesional machine/.
    I cant understand why there is no probleme with Al foil for example cigarete boxes,disc is aweys perfect.But when we talk about IRON..........................I can disc many IRON ithems,but can't see this noticable diferance in audio for iron.There should be break in sound,but I can't see such in my device.

    See you soon

    p.s.this were my first field test with the device,but I were not able to try everithing that I wanned to.
    Hi,
    I'm fine, thanks and you ? I think we can send our friend Ivconic best wishes as many already have done here.

    About TGS things: you have iron-like stuff detection from 25cms ? wow ! I haven't on mine detector... I can disc out even big hammer of 500gr at few cm from search head.

    I'm not sure about your problem but think there could be 2 causes:
    - bad coil nulling that means it's easy picking up signal from a big mass even with disc on cause of easy overload
    - something bad value in disc section or some mistake in circuit

    I assume that 2 causes because I'm guessing your horse shoe is made of just iron: have you checked with different and large surely all iron stuff ?

    I ask you cause steel alloys are much more easy to be detected cause they give different phase angles from pure iron; also plated things are detected e.g. zinc plated iron stuff ... you actually detect zinc layer instead of iron inside.

    Make some test and figure out if horse shoe is a singular case or if with much other pure iron stuff it's all the same.

    If you notice that horse shoe sound much easy and far away respect other stuff... there's maybe something that make detector sound more easy than with pure iron.

    You must reach a tune of detector that null iron about totally but with just weak signal very near coil (e.g. at 1cm from bottom for an hammer head).

    What to say... I also have craking sound with iron stuff... very often (not always) I can distinguish between them and real good targets.

    That make me think you could have problems with disc section.

    Let me know.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    How are you?
    I took this iron piece with me at home and sometimes I cant detect it at all,but sometimes I cant discriminate it at all./i think that its part of horse shoe..............which I found that are inposible to be discriminated so far.................../
    When I were on field the sens were average,but at home I cant get more than 25cm!!!!
    So now when I test at home cant see am I achiving any progress.
    Whats the story with Ivconic?And can we help him anyway?
    For this hugh coil I am agree that there will be some ground efects,but my frend is digging coins!And I havent detect any................Only trash.......
    So you see why I am a little bit dissapointed I were shore that I will beat him when I finish TGS.
    I now that I have to make 2-3 devices,before can talk like this but.........
    But dont missunderstood my words.You can't miss to notice that TGS have excelent behaviour/profesional machine/.
    I cant understand why there is no probleme with Al foil for example cigarete boxes,disc is aweys perfect.But when we talk about IRON..........................I can disc many IRON ithems,but can't see this noticable diferance in audio for iron.There should be break in sound,but I can't see such in my device.

    See you soon

    p.s.this were my first field test with the device,but I were not able to try everithing that I wanned to.
    Hi,
    I'm fine, thanks and you ? I think we can send our friend Ivconic best wishes as many already have done here.

    About TGS things: you have iron-like stuff detection from 25cms ? wow ! I haven't on mine detector... I can disc out even big hammer of 500gr at few cm from search head.

    I'm not sure about your problem but think there could be 2 causes:
    - bad coil nulling that means it's easy picking up signal from a big mass even with disc on cause of easy overload
    - something bad value in disc section or some mistake in circuit

    I assume that 2 causes because I'm guessing your horse shoe is made of just iron: have you checked with different and large surely all iron stuff ?

    I ask you cause steel alloys are much more easy to be detected cause they give different phase angles from pure iron; also plated things are detected e.g. zinc plated iron stuff ... you actually detect zinc layer instead of iron inside.

    Make some test and figure out if horse shoe is a singular case or if with much other pure iron stuff it's all the same.

    If you notice that horse shoe sound much easy and far away respect other stuff... there's maybe something that make detector sound more easy than with pure iron.

    You must reach a tune of detector that null iron about totally but with just weak signal very near coil (e.g. at 1cm from bottom for an hammer head).

    What to say... I also have craking sound with iron stuff... very often (not always) I can distinguish between them and real good targets.

    That make me think you could have problems with disc section.

    Let me know.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    How are you?
    I took this iron piece with me at home and sometimes I cant detect it at all,but sometimes I cant discriminate it at all./i think that its part of horse shoe..............which I found that are inposible to be discriminated so far.................../
    When I were on field the sens were average,but at home I cant get more than 25cm!!!!
    So now when I test at home cant see am I achiving any progress.
    Whats the story with Ivconic?And can we help him anyway?
    For this hugh coil I am agree that there will be some ground efects,but my frend is digging coins!And I havent detect any................Only trash.......
    So you see why I am a little bit dissapointed I were shore that I will beat him when I finish TGS.
    I now that I have to make 2-3 devices,before can talk like this but.........
    But dont missunderstood my words.You can't miss to notice that TGS have excelent behaviour/profesional machine/.
    I cant understand why there is no probleme with Al foil for example cigarete boxes,disc is aweys perfect.But when we talk about IRON..........................I can disc many IRON ithems,but can't see this noticable diferance in audio for iron.There should be break in sound,but I can't see such in my device.

    See you soon

    p.s.this were my first field test with the device,but I were not able to try everithing that I wanned to.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by sky76 View Post
    Hello friends,Can I use this coil for tesoro.
    Did you use this coil.Could yuo help me please.Regards.
    http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Bandido-Split/Working-Proto-Type.jpg

    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel....ru%2fskip.htm
    Hi,
    you can use it with every uMax model by Tesoro: it's a Gary's prototype for coplanar concentric coil we talked about some months ago.

    You can find in some older Bandido thread the Mike's file with instructions about wire you need and number of turns.

    Rough data are (about... as I remember from Mike's stuff)
    outer former diameter = 20cm
    inner former diameter = 12cm
    tx turns = 105+-5turns
    rx turns = 145+-5turns
    rx buking coil (wound counterwise rx) = 25+-2 turns
    wire was 30awg

    tx inductance is about 5.75mH
    rx inductance is from 5.95 to 6.2mH

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    TGS

    Thank you MAX for your attention.

    Regards,




    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    TGS

    Thank you MAX for your attention.

    Regards,


    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • sky76
    replied
    coil

    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • sky76
    replied
    co

    Hello friends,Can I use this coil for tesoro.
    Did you use this coil.Could yuo help me please.Regards.
    http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Bandido-Split/Working-Proto-Type.jpg

    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fcali gula-x.narod.ru%2fskip.htm

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    79L05?

    hELLO kt315

    12V connection and regulator may be good idea, but I think is a mistake to use 10k instead of 4.7k in R5, R6 because power-up is much slower, also, under heavy load - may not reach high peak voltage.

    Use Fairchild KA79L08 (or equivalent) regulator instead of 79L05. Also, schottky diodes are more efficient than 1N4148.

    KA79L05 can use 6ma by itself, so a low power LDO would be better. Know of any -8V LDO?

    Can use 1N5817 to get -7V with 8V connection, but no regulation.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    folk, I did not find up this question but I still remember, it was about -V source and there was a problem with low value of -V.
    I offer to change a part of the schematic according to this picture.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Ivconic wanna ask you on what kind of terain did you find those 250 roman coins.Did you prospect near mounin fortres?Or?
    How were this coins been located?I mean one here one there?Ore you digg a how and begin detecting cm buy cm?
    Most of the terains that I go on are rocky hills and detecting there is realy hard!Because on surfice there are stones and detector cant be keept close to ground.
    I think that TGS can detect coin at 30cm in a prepared for seeding field because of the lightness of the soil,but on terains like in my case I think that it cant penetrate more than 18cm?
    Also when I test it I detect some iron pieces that should be discriminated!But all ithems were on the surfice below the old leaves.Maybe my coil is not so good?
    And I were buisy with babysiting my friend............
    but next time I will detect like I should.

    About this OO coil,you have made several why you give up?
    They should be better!

    Or like I say before,I saw one detector that have 40 cm I think that its DD coil and it were able to detect single coin around 60 cm in AIR!

    Have you tryed to make 40 cm coil?How many turns must be done?
    So, 220X400 DD coil...........
    TX=
    RX=
    Thanks

    When I add 10 ohm resistor in series with 8 ohm speaker the fals signals were reduced.And behaviour is much better.
    Now I will cange this 2k2 with 8k7 to see the diferance.
    Hi,
    i think our dear friend Ivconic will not post on this forum again for a while... too many problems with some stupid people.

    I can partially answer your questions:

    About mountain and rocks: you are right ... detectors like flat soil, is not great news.... some people prefer using 2-boxes or PI in those places... cause VLFs are not easy to use and lose depth in such terrains. All true, but if use PI you lose discrimination; if use 2-boxes you cannot find single e.g. coin but just jars full of them (well you need enormous luck to do really) cause they are not sensitive to smaller items. Then VLFs are still good for mountains: my opinion is that they are ALWAYS better (beach-hunting and e.g. australian-goldfields apart).
    Better losing 10cm depth but saving discrimination and finding even smaller stuff.

    About iron detection under leaves...well it's normal: huge iron parts will distorce field and then detector will sound at such small distance of few cms from iron target. But from longer distance you cannot detect them, right ? That's why disc is so important... if it's iron and sound you can find without digging but just moving leaves, isn't that way ?
    Then disc will cancel out all small iron trash (nails, rusty wires etc etc).

    OO coils are not good for your soil conditions, that's why Ivconic maybe don't waste more time doing them...and make instead large DDs.

    A 40cm diameter coil will be a monster of sens on TGS... but you have to consider that will pick-up much soil effect so you need perfect balance to deal with one of these.

    Last: detecting a coin at 60cm on air is not like on soil... you can do with e.g. a 3cm diameter coin, a 10-11'' fast monocoil and a very sensitive PI... but then... try to use it on real soil ! Impossible in most cases...

    On the beach will be a real monster but on inland sites...wow man... better using eyes... too many falses. Try to belive.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    I have finished one coil with not so good performance,but now I havent much time............
    So only the most inportant:When I null with multimeter from LF353 pin7 should I conect 1k resistor and 15 N capacitator?
    Because I null without anything.The coil is not so good and I get many falses sometime horible.....But I think that soon will have good machine...
    I still cant reach 35 cm ...
    I make a coil according your pictures and cant fit it in the original housing that Ivconic is talking about?I will check my datas again,but..
    Can this coil be with 255X137 former size?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    you don't need cap and resistance when use preamp: cause you connect coil to rx preamp there are already the cap (15nF) and resistances (two braches of op amp) there on LF353. So you have just to find minimum voltage at pin 7.

    About my picture... you have to consider that I haven't the bulgarian housing like you and Ivconic... so my former is related to pictures Ivconic posted here... and there is some approximation, but only few geometry I mean (maybe some millimeters). Other stuff is perfect: inductances and resistances (even frequency of oscillation at tx) match exactly with Ivconic's data.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For MAX
    Ref: TGS (28DD coil)




    I report you which the coil wound whith 26ohm TX and 27.5 ohm RX.
    I bought a new NICAD battery and change the capacitor 100pf by 220pf (near LM 353)….now it is functional, but very, very very
    sensible. When it is stopped on the table no audio signals, but a finger soft touch on table, cable, box, pole or coil produce a short
    sequence of BIPS. Is it normal ?

    What the best solution for it?
    Regards


    DIRCEU
    Hi Dirceu,
    about cap of 220pf: could be good there even if right value (from Tesoro) is maybe 5pF...so much lower. Happens often that changing values there you can tune much better.

    About noise when you touch table or wire etc... what about your coil assembly ? I mean do you use epoxy to seal/fix coils inside housing ?

    Small relative coil movements can give the behaviour you wrote about.

    It's not normal you hear that beeps when move coil or table where coil is ...not good. If you fixed coils well with epoxy or other rigid stuff then problem could be related to metals in the table or movements of e.g. pole (metallic) that is detected by coil... it's mechanical problem you have to reduce/solve... otherwise cannot use detector on the field.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Ivconic wanna ask you on what kind of terain did you find those 250 roman coins.Did you prospect near mounin fortres?Or?
    How were this coins been located?I mean one here one there?Ore you digg a how and begin detecting cm buy cm?
    Most of the terains that I go on are rocky hills and detecting there is realy hard!Because on surfice there are stones and detector cant be keept close to ground.
    I think that TGS can detect coin at 30cm in a prepared for seeding field because of the lightness of the soil,but on terains like in my case I think that it cant penetrate more than 18cm?
    Also when I test it I detect some iron pieces that should be discriminated!But all ithems were on the surfice below the old leaves.Maybe my coil is not so good?
    And I were buisy with babysiting my friend............
    but next time I will detect like I should.

    About this OO coil,you have made several why you give up?
    They should be better!

    Or like I say before,I saw one detector that have 40 cm I think that its DD coil and it were able to detect single coin around 60 cm in AIR!

    Have you tryed to make 40 cm coil?How many turns must be done?
    So, 220X400 DD coil...........
    TX=
    RX=
    Thanks

    When I add 10 ohm resistor in series with 8 ohm speaker the fals signals were reduced.And behaviour is much better.
    Now I will cange this 2k2 with 8k7 to see the diferance.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Same thing. Use negative of battery as reference or GND tracks/pads on PCB... they are (about) at same potential.

    Hi,
    Max.
    I have finished one coil with not so good performance,but now I havent much time............
    So only the most inportant:When I null with multimeter from LF353 pin7 should I conect 1k resistor and 15 N capacitator?
    Because I null without anything.The coil is not so good and I get many falses sometime horible.....But I think that soon will have good machine...
    I still cant reach 35 cm ...
    I make a coil according your pictures and cant fit it in the original housing that Ivconic is talking about?I will check my datas again,but..
    Can this coil be with 255X137 former size?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X