If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Hello. I would like to introduce an external speaker system I designed and built for the GPX 4500 and GPX 5000.
I developed this speaker not only to output sound from the detector but also to ensure that faint target signals are heard as clearly and cleanly as possible.
The speaker housing...
This is our third-generation metal detection vehicle.There is a minor issue.
Currently, we are trying to avoid the interference of metals and electronic components on the metal detection plate. However, there is an issue: our vehicle's front end is relatively heavy. Are there any effective structural designs or methods for shielding metal detectors that can resolve this problem...
Clone PI-W - swapping MOSFET to manage higher voltage spike from lower inductance coils?
Greetings to all,
First post here. My name is Thomas. I am a n00b to both electronics and metal detection—my background is in organic chemistry. Anyways, I have a Clone PI-W, the SMD version with the row of LEDs (not the through hole / LCD). Doing some experiments at home winding smaller...
Help needed: Reducing EMI with a metal detector coil mounted under a rover
Hello everyone,
We are Matchbox Tech, a small team developing SandWorm, an experimental autonomous metal-detecting rover.
The project is designed to let the rover handle repetitive walking and systematic scanning while the detectorist remains in control of the search and digging. More information...
SandWorm: Autonomous Metal-Detecting Rover — Gen 2 Build Log
Hello everyone,
We are Matchbox Tech, a small team developing SandWorm, an experimental autonomous rover for metal detecting.
The idea is simple: let the rover do the repetitive walking and systematic coverage, while the detectorist remains in control of the search and the decision to dig....
DD Coil Electronic Balancing with Compensation Coil and Trimpot
A balance-tuning coil for the RX circuit can be placed within the TX coil area. It consists of two series-connected compensation windings, each of 2–4 turns of wire of the same gauge as the RX coil. The center tap is connected to the cold end of the RX coil. The free ends of the two compensation windings...
It has long been my goal to redesign the TreasureLinx web pages. Before the web site hack, TreasureLinx was pretty much an exact duplication of Sven's version. But I wanted to add more information, at a minimum user manuals and schematics.
I have completed a layout for one of the companies,...
I've changed the forum Search to use Google search instead. This allows short words and quoted phrases, like "PI discrimination". It also allows negated words such as
Foster -Eric
will find posts that have Jeff Foster and E. Foster but not Eric Foster.
Hi everyone
a little help please
i followed the instruction to build TR locator / 2 box
i used this latest know working schematics
instead of transistors TIP31C TIP32C i used TIP41C TIP42C which are a bit robust
i used 16 mhz quarts which gives me 3.3 khz, i did...
Tips for replacing analog potentiometers with digipots or other solution
I have built a GS5-lite that I want to use in the water (beach). As getting IP67 potentiometers is not very easy and there is always a risk of getting water inside, I was thinking about making some kind of digital actuator (digipot) in place of the actual analog potentiometers controlled by an MCU (Arduino)...
Minipulse Plus and Deepstar depth performance compared
I was reading in some forums that the Deepstar, both 1 and 3 are very good and deep detectors for the beach.
Unfortunatelly we don't have access to their original schematic to have a good comparison.
I would like to get your opinion of the main differences that can impact on depth performance...
Hey There!
Has anyone tested this metal detector on the field?
How does it perform and is it a worthy investment?
If not, which metal detector would you pick to accompany my Deus 2?
Hello. I need to build a simple pulse-induction detector. I would like to know if it is possible to optimize the transmitter (TX) circuit of an existing metal detector for this purpose.
The operating frequency range is 200 Hz to 1500 Hz. The detector coil has an inductance of 400 µH and a resistance...
Mathematical and Physical Principles of PI Technology
I am starting this thread to serve as a dedicated space for deep-diving into the foundational physics and mathematical modeling behind Pulse Induction (PI) technology. While there are plenty of excellent threads on specific DIY builds and schematics, I wanted a place where we can collectively break...
The Surfmaster II is the same as White's Classic II. I bought one off E bay where the owner said it is intermittent. It does in fact work but has no volume threshold.
It is full on or full off. I adjusted the sense and it does see a coin waved in front of the coil but there is no lower...
Eric Foster’s detector coil adapter for Minelab GP, GPX, and SD coils
Hello Forum,
There is an adapter available for connecting Minelab GP, GPX, and SD series coils to detectors such as the Goldquest, GoldScan, or other Eric Foster models. Does anyone have information about this adapter? Does anyone happen to have the pinout for the 5-pin coil connector used...
I really like Eric Foster's coil designs, although I am in doubt about the rod support he always used, do you know of what material is it made? I'm in doubt in building something like that or if I should make the coil with the suppport everything in a single piece (vacuum formed) - I am not sure if...
First; glad the forum will recover!
Coincidentally the same day I was unable to access the forum; I couldn't even access my Protonmail account.
After a couple of hours Protonmail worked and I got a notification from them that the system crashed because "the server overheated" !??...
Hey guys there's a local selling the older Minelab sd2000 and the sd2200 just wondering if they are a decent detector? or by today's standards, I now they are probably 25+ years old, are they in the cheaper range or mid range or good ones? I'm assuming half decent.