Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whites Surf PI schematic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by chemelec View Post
    These Capacitor Value Changes on "my circuit" are Because it is driving at a Higher Voltage, directly from the 555.

    Hi
    thats fine , keeping the drive voltage down
    its not easy keeping up with all the mods
    I have a bunch of 100pf's in the junk box

    dare I ask about no damping resistor across the coil on the new cct ?

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    ok on the change of value to 100 pf from the original cct
    I guess somebody found this value to be better
    thanks
    These Capacitor Value Changes on "my circuit" are Because it is driving at a Higher Voltage, directly from the 555.

    Leave a comment:


  • kuraja
    replied
    I think that for Surfmaster's top performance you'd need a low resistance, low capacitance coax. cable. Preferably the one for connecting Hi Fi gear.
    It is very elastic and good to use.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    ok on the change of value to 100 pf from the original cct
    I guess somebody found this value to be better
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hi thanks ok I thought I may have been reading the specs wrong

    just a question about your redrawn cct, which is nice

    on pin 6 of the CD4093 there is a 100pf cap
    should it be a .001 ??? like on the original cct
    No, that 100pf on pin 6 is correct.
    There is also a 100pf between pin 3 of the 555 and Pin 8 of the 4093.

    Gary

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hi thanks ok I thought I may have been reading the specs wrong

    just a question about your redrawn cct, which is nice

    on pin 6 of the CD4093 there is a 100pf cap
    should it be a .001 ??? like on the original cct

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    chemelec

    said:
    from the data sheets on the net both seem to have the same slew rate
    13v/us
    OOPS!
    I Ment to say: Unity Gain Bandwidth.
    TL071 = 3 Mhz.
    NE5534 = 10Mhz.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    chemelec

    said
    I Used the TL071, just because I have them.
    But the NE5534 would probably be better as it has a Higher Slew rate.

    from the data sheets on the net both seem to have the same slew rate
    13v/us

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by detectoman View Post
    brother chemelec, thanks for you pictures, very nice all, and for festejado happy birthday 65 an embrace
    i take any these naturaleza beauty photos for my pc images for me group, thanks
    isnt copy rights? jajaja?
    Actually Everything on my site is Copyright, But No problem if just for "Personal use", Or if you "Give Credit where Credit is Due"!

    Leave a comment:


  • detectoman
    replied
    brother chemelec, thanks for you pictures, very nice all, and for festejado happy birthday 65 an embrace
    i take any these naturaleza beauty photos for my pc images for me group, thanks
    isnt copy rights? jajaja?

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    A few Comments. I Used the TL071, just because I have them.
    But the NE5534 would probably be better as it has a Higher Slew rate.
    However If Changed to this, the PCB needs a Slight Modification.

    My Volume control arangement works really good.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by johnandles View Post
    Hello Gary ,whats the audio transformer ratio?
    Cheers
    John
    T26 is a Minature Audio transformer, 500 Ohm to 16 Ohm Impedance ratio.
    (5.6:1 Turns ratio)

    NELSON, Only Bench tested it, with fairly good results, using a 6 inch radial wound coil.

    But now its in my Junk Bin, as I really have no use for it.
    I was JUST Playing, I Enjoy Playing and already have most parts!

    Sorry to hear your Sick.
    YES, a Fantastic Trip in SA.
    NEXT Trip, off to Africa!

    Leave a comment:


  • johnandles
    replied
    Hello Gary ,whats the audio transformer ratio?
    Cheers
    John

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Gary-

    Nice pics you got from your last visit to our country and i hope you really enjoy it.

    About Surfmaster detector and your re-draw schematic and and pcb, looks good to me.I already have made 5 of this detectors. The first pcb was the long one and was place inside of a 40 mm pbc tube.
    Then i made a square pcb. Now you came with this new pcb that looks fine to build to. So , have you tested it. How about coil used and deep ranges?

    Ok, now i m sick now so please if you can , snd me emails to my home at [email protected]

    Regars and salutes to Jean to.

    Take care

    Nelson


    Originally posted by chemelec View Post
    Having some Spare Time and just using part I already have, I tried this:



    Works pretty good.

    Also, if anyones interested, about 800 Pictures of my recent trip to Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
    Link on my Home Page.
    http://www3.telus.net/chemelec

    Leave a comment:


  • Esteban
    replied
    Originally posted by chemelec View Post
    Esteban, The Earthquake occured 9 days after we came home.
    We are lucky men!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X